Tasteless, odorless, silent and deadly, badly installed gas appliances
with lack of maintenance can cause carbon monoxide poisoning.
Do you have your gas appliances serviced annually?
Do not become a victim book your service now !
- Make sure that any ventilation is not obstructed.
- Are there soot stains around the appliance?
- Yellow floppy flames (except for flame effect fires)
- Increased condensation inside windows.
Symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning
% Saturation of carbon monoxide (co) in the blood stream.
|1||Slight headache||13% co||2 to 3 hours|
|2||Mild headache, dizziness||20 - 30% co||2 to 3 hours|
|3||Frontal headache, nausea||36% co||1 to 2 hours|
|4||Headaches,unconsciousness||50% co||1 to 2 hours|
|5||Severe headaches, convulsions||68% co||45 minutes|
|6||Nausea, dizziness, death||70 - 75% co||5 - 15 minutes|
|7||Severe syptons, death||80% co||1 - 15 minutes|
|8||Immediate symptons, death||85 - 90% co||1 - 3 minutes|
If you are experiencing any of the above symptoms leave the room and get some fresh air then seek medical advice and contact a GAS SAFE registered engineer.
Can you smell gas?
- Turn off the gas supply at the meter.
- Extinguish any naked flames.
- Do not smoke.
- Do not operate any electric switches.
- Open windows and doors .
- Contact Cadent emergency service 0800 111 999